The cookie settings on this website are set to allow all cookies to give you the very best experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this. You can change your settings at any time.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the Usborne website at usborne.com (the Usborne Website). These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
The Usborne Website is operated by Usborne Publishing, details of which are shown at the end of these terms and conditions.
- Copyright and Trade Mark Notice
The Usborne Website and all images, text, audio and video and other materials appearing on the Usborne Website (the Content), and its arrangement, are the property of Usborne Publishing or its suppliers, and are protected by international copyright and other laws.
None of the Content may be copied, reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior permission of Usborne Publishing.
Permission to republish any of the Content of the Website, or to use quotations or extracts from any Usborne books can be requested via this form.
The Usborne name and logos are registered trademarks.
Cookies are text files that websites use to store information on your computer. The Usborne Website uses "session cookies" and anonymous "analytic" cookies to support the navigation system of this website while you are browsing.
Apart from the information described above, we do not maintain any personal information obtained from users through the Usborne Website in a retrievable form.
You can find out more about cookies on the AboutCookies.org website, including how to decline or remove them. However, if you do not accept cookies from Usborne.com you will not be able to purchase any books from our website.
- Usborne Quicklinks
The third party websites recommended in Usborne Quicklinks, and elsewhere on the Usborne Website, are not controlled or maintained by Usborne Publishing. The content of these websites may change at any time and Usborne Publishing is not responsible, and does not accept liability, for the content or availability of any website other than its own. Nor will it be liable for any exposure to harmful, offensive, or inaccurate material which may appear on the Web.
Usborne Publishing will have no liability for any damage or loss caused by viruses that may be accidentally downloaded as a result of browsing any third party sites linked to on the Website.
- Downloadable pictures
The downloadable pictures provided in Usborne Quicklinks may be downloaded to your computer and printed out for your own personal, non-commercial use. For example, students may download pictures to use in a school report or project, and teachers may download pictures for classroom work. The pictures are the copyright of Usborne Publishing and may not be reproduced in print or in electronic form for any commercial or profit-related purpose.
- Competitions and Prize Draws
The following rules, together with (or as varied by) any other terms and information made available to you ("Competition Rules"), apply to any prize draw or other competition run by Usborne Publishing ("Competition"). By participating in any Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules.
- The basis on which the Competition is run, how to enter, any restrictions on eligible participants, the number of prizes and the deadline for entries will be as shown in the Competition information.
- All entries must be received by the closing date as specified in the Competition information.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring your entry to any Competition is submitted to Usborne Publishing. Usborne Publishing will not be responsible for transmission errors for email entries or for any other error affecting the receipt by Usborne Publishing of entries to a Competition.
- Entrants under 13 (where allowed in the Competition information) must have permission of an adult.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Use of a false name or address, including a name by which you are not usually known, will disqualify you.
- Usborne employees and Usborne Books at Home Organisers may not enter.
- For competition entries, if more than one correct entry is received the tiebreaker will be judged on originality by an independent person.
- For prize draws, the winning entry will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process that produces a verifiably random result or by or under the supervision of an independent person from all entries received during the prize draw period.
- All winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 14 days of the closing date of the competition or prize draw. All prizes will be sent by post to the winners within 14 days of being notified.
- Only winners will be contacted. If you have not heard within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your entry has not been successful.
- Winners' names, towns and copies of winning entries may be displayed on Usborne websites. Names and towns of previous winners will also be available from Usborne Publishing on request. If you object to any or all of your name, town and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Usborne Publishing using the details below.
- Prizes are not transferable or negotiable. Usborne Publishing will select the products that make up the prize. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Usborne Publishing reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Please contact us using the following details for any queries relating to competitions or prize draws:
tel: 0044 (0) 207 430 2800
- Use of the Usborne Website
No part of the Usborne Website may be copied or reproduced in any manner. You must not use any automatic device or manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Usborne Website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Usborne Website. You must not use the Usborne Website in any manner that could damage, disable, impair or overburden the Usborne Website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Usborne Website through hacking, password mining or any other means.
If you access the Usborne Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Liability disclaimer
While every precaution has been taken in providing the Usborne Website, there is no guarantee that it will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
We make reasonable efforts to keep all information on the Usborne Website up to date but we make no representations, warranties or guarantees that the content on the Usborne Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We only provide the Usborne Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Usborne Website for any commercial or business purpose and we have no liability to you for any loss or damage, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (i) your use of, or inability to use, the Usborne Website; or (ii) your use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Usborne Website.
You can buy Usborne books displayed on this website via Usborne Books & More, the direct sales division of our US distributor, Educational Development Corporation (EDC). Just click on the link next to any book to go to the website of an Independent Usborne Books & More Consultant, from where you can purchase your book or contact your Consultant for help and advice.
Your purchase will be completed and delivered by Usborne Books & More. Please check delivery details and shipping charges on the Usborne Books & More website.
All purchases are governed by the terms and conditions of the Usborne Books & More website. If you have any queries about your purchase, please contact your Usborne Books & More Consultant directly by clicking on the Contact button on their website.
How to contact Usborne Publishing
Email: [email protected]
The Usborne Website is owned and operated by Usborne Publishing Ltd. If you have any questions about the Usborne Website, please write or email us at the following address:
Usborne Publishing Ltd
83-85 Saffron Hill
London EC1N 8RT
Telephone: 0044 (0)20 7430 2800