The cookie settings on this website are set to allow all cookies to give you the very best experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this. You can change your settings at any time.
Become a record smasher this World Book Day!
Celebrate World Book Day and the upcoming publication of Jenny Pearson’s The Incredible Record Smashers by attempting a Guinness World RecordsTM Challenge from home or from your key worker bubble in school!
Who can balance the most books on their head or make the longest book domino line?
How to take part?
- Have a go at one of these incredible records:
Most stand up sit downs with a Guinness World Records Book balanced on the head in 30 seconds
Fastest time to set up and topple 10 books
Fastest time to stack 20 books
- Download the official participation certificate to celebrate your attempt!
Teachers and parents: download this How to guide for more info.
For more amazing facts and fun record ideas visit kids.guinnessworldrecords.com/worldbookday!
If you’d like to be updated with news about The Incredible Record Smashers and the resources available, sign up to our 7-11s newsletter and we will keep you in the loop on this and all our other great books for this age group.
Some existing book related records to inspire you!
- Tallest tower of Guinness World Records books – the current record is 6m
- Fastest time to set up and topple 10 Guinness World Records books - the current record is 17.193 seconds
- Largest book sentence - current record is 3,364 books
- Largest reading lesson (multiple venues)
- Most adults reading to children in a single location